$50 OFF
Kill air-borne viruses!

Fight Allergies in Knoxville with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was first used to heal tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to clean hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your Knoxville home’s environment cleaner.

A UV lamp can clean HVAC systems and boost the air quality in your Knoxville home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other microbes within 10 seconds of contact.

This can bring relief to asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid climates where mold and bacteria multiply. These lights may even help your HVAC equipment run longer, since they keep components clean.

Our Experts can advise you on the system that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by R & M Climate Control Service Experts is upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are put inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and work constantly. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to eliminate the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as fast as 10 seconds, this potent light halts contaminants from multiplying throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how effective UV light is in combating germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to wipe out 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold concentration in a commercial office building’s HVAC system.

A germicidal system can also take care of odors and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not effective against dust, which is best regulated by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is not dangerous as long as you use a few preventive measures.

The sun radiates ultraviolet light, which has a shorter wavelength than light you can detect. It’s responsible for creating painful sunburns. Extended overexposure can cause wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is stronger, so it’s important to let R & M Climate Control Service Experts manage installation and maintenance. You should never look straight into the light or allow bare skin be exposed to it.