What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your house, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right can also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with extended exposure.