What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most essential step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Knoxville.

Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:

  • Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
  • Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
  • Have your chimney checked by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
  • Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with R & M Climate Control Service Experts.