Stopping it from happening is the most essential step. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Knoxville.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with R & M Climate Control Service Experts.