Summer has made its debut in Knoxville and the last thing you need is your air conditioner malfunctioning during the extreme temperatures. Help prevent your home’s A/C system from breaking down with an annual air conditioning tune-up from R & M Climate Control Service Experts.
What exactly is an air conditioning tune-up?
Similiar to how you go to your general practitioner annually for an exam, an air conditioner tune-up is an annual visit to make sure your central AC is healthy and running properly. Most general AC tune-ups will cover cleaning the condenser coils, calibrating the thermostat, inspecting your refrigerant levels and looking for leaks, examining and tightening all electrical pieces, and evaluating the operation of the blower motor and blower belt.
Air conditioning tune-ups with R & M Climate Control Service Experts
When you call R & M Climate Control Service Experts for your AC tune-up, our tune-ups encompass a full visual inspection as well as an extensive cleaning. Keeping reading for the complete list of steps in our System Inspection and Precision air conditioner tune-up.
- Calibrating thermostat
- Examine oil and air filters
- Examine blower components
- Evaluate air flow
- Examine all electrical connections
- Ensure proper system performance
- Inspect quality of installation
- Check area around equipment
- Inspect equipment clearances
- Examine overall condition
- Check condenser and evaporator coils
- Test starting capabilities
- Assess safety components
- Assess temperature contrast in supply and return
- Observe refrigerant pressure
- Inspect condensate drains
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Evaluate volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving pieces
- Clean condensate drain
- Apply protective coating
- In-place cleaning of blower components
- Observe cooling cycle
- Issue biocide treatment
- Clean condenser coil
R & M Climate Control Service Experts in Knoxville is currently getting you ready for summer with discounts on A/C system tune-ups and select home comfort system upgrades. To discover more or schedule your seasonal AC tune-up, call 865-229-6176 today!