Your HVAC equipment is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to guarantee a continuous source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with R & M Climate Control Service Experts, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system usually develop little by little. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and resolve small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Maintain your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract allows access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some TLC, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, our technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
R & M Climate Control Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local R & M Climate Control Service Experts office today.