When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it might still be hiding toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have clean drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, contact R & M Climate Control Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At R & M Climate Control Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local R & M Climate Control Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.