Air conditioners don’t work forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Knoxville, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to think over, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from R & M Climate Control Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system fails. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your family cozier and decreasing your yearly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at once. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on R & M Climate Control Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 865-229-6176 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.