We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share common furnace and heating issues Knoxville homeowners often call R & M Climate Control Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Knoxville home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overload or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from R & M Climate Control Service Experts can quickly detect the problem area and make the needed repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from practically all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact R & M Climate Control Service Experts of Knoxville at 865-229-6176 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.