Summer is typically a busy time of year for many people in Knoxville. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Knoxville heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Knoxville heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give R & M Climate Control Service Experts a call at 865-229-6176 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Knoxville heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Knoxville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.