No matter what the temperature outside in Knoxville, the temperature in your home determines how comfortable you will seem. Set it just right and your rooms will seem like a nice escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating correctly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be enjoyable.
It’s time for a detailed look at the manner you’re utilizing your heating and cooling equipment. It could make the difference between a superstar system or a pathetic performer. Try this short quiz from R & M Climate Control Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Summer is almost here in Knoxville. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and clear up the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Call in the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re having an event on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Tell my attendees to bring chilled beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Start my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor to choose and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most costly system available in Knoxville.
- When you receive your next monthly utility bill, what do you think you’ll discover?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling charges have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I read it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to check it out.
- Forget about it and wait until it goes away.
Now add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for your future replacement. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you could make a few changes to help your system perform more efficiently. Keep going to find out how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Seasonal Maintenance While changing your air filter and clearing your vents are important tasks to prepare your equipment for a different season, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your professional technician will perform a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency professional will look out for more severe problems for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Select a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained home comfort systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that critical service to homeowners at no other cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some HVAC systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It provides you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and take note when they radically change. Your utility bills can reveal more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a steady climb in your charges but no change in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your system. A new high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call in the pros when you notice a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than aggravating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left unchecked it could make for an expensive repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, money and irritation. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!