It’s frosty outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, R & M Climate Control Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.