Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Knoxville operating at its best performance while keeping utility needs low. It also could even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several things you can do on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at R & M Climate Control Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC system cleaned and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be a gamble. If you need a fix or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep can be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your home.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, because this might block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call R & M Climate Control Service Experts at 865-229-6176, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your unit is turning on, operating and shutting off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require additional service, we are set to provide you the most reasonable solution. Locating potential troubles promptly may solve bigger issues later. This also offers you time to plan if your AC is getting outdated.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to select the best model for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to book your checkup? Call us at 865-229-6176 or schedule an appointment online now.