Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioning unit in Knoxville operating at its best performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also could even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can do on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at R & M Climate Control Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large amount of home, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC system cleaned and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you need a fix or replacement, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC service can be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime order:
- Put in a new air filter recommends each month or two. This is especially crucial if you deal with allergies or have animals in your home.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call R & M Climate Control Service Experts at 865-229-6176, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require extra service, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable choice. Locating potential issues promptly could solve bigger issues later. This also offers you time to plan if your system is getting outdated.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to request your checkup? Contact us at 865-229-6176 or schedule an appointment online now.