With Earth Day approaching, you may be overwhelmed with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Well guess what? We’re here to add to the noise, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater great for the earth, it can save you money and last longer than your traditional tank heater. For real! We put together the main reasons you should purchase a tankless water heater.
- Money Back – Although the initial price can seem a bit daunting, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of about $300.
- Continuous Flow – Everyone has felt it. The shocking pain of frigid water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters avoid that problem altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlast inefficient tank water heaters by 5-10 years. So in addition to the government rebate, you don’t have to replace your tankless water heater as often, so you can save even more money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only require the exact amount of energy to heat the volume of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you’re not going to use. This wonderful tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating costs. They also require less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors as long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be mounted under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to crack, no flooding. Although a leak is not impossible as with any plumbing appliance or fixture, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 45 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t store water in a tank, you always have new, clean water that isn’t held in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these awesome reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is the best option for your home, call R & M Climate Control Service Experts today for a no-charge in-home analysis
. We will help to make sure you select the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, inform you of all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.