Spring is great for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Knoxville and keeping payments lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can try a few other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 865-229-6176 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your space. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.